- Designed for heavy grinding, beveling and weld removal
- May be used on a variety of substrates such as carbon steel and stainless steel
- Reduces changeouts and downtime in robotic and pressure-assisted applications
- 3M Precision-Shaped Grain lasts exceptionally long, helping increase productivity
- Exceptional durability extends the life of the wheel for great performance value
- Use with tools and accessories designed for depressed center grinding wheels
- For safety, always use on a tool with an approved guard, as per ANSI B7.1
The 3M™ Silver Depressed Center Grinding Wheel is a type 27 wheel designed to deliver an unbeatable combination of performance and value. This long-lasting wheel uses 3M Precision-Shaped Grains to deliver a fast and consistent cut during grinding and heavy stock removal on stainless steel, mild steel, aerospace alloys and more.
Get up and Grind
The 3M™ Silver Depressed Center Grinding Wheel is a heavy-duty wheel designed for use in aggressive grinding applications like beveling, slag removal, weld grinding and edge work on a variety of metals. You can rely on this wheel to help you to tackle your toughest grinding applications.
Great for Robotic Weld Grinding
In medium and high-pressure applications like robotic weld grinding, it's important to choose a high-performance abrasive that cuts fast and lasts long. The self-fracturing mineral in the 3M™ Silver Depressed Center Grinding Wheel will keep your robot grinding welds long after other abrasives call it quits, reducing downtime and maximizing efficiency.
3M Precision-Shaped Grain
The 3M™ Silver Depressed Center Grinding Wheel features 3M Precision-Shaped Grain which continually fractures into super-sharp points and edges that slice cleanly through metal, rather than gouging or plowing as traditional abrasives do. This also helps it to last significantly longer than conventional ceramic grain abrasives while maintaining a high cut-rate over the life of the wheel.
Advanced Series Abrasives
The 3M™ Silver Depressed Center Grinding Wheel is part of a new class of 3M abrasives designed to deliver an unbeatable combination of performance and value. Powered by the legendary speed and long life of 3M Precision-Shaped Grain, these Advanced Series Abrasives are ideal for a wide variety of metalworking applications like weld removal, beveling, edge chamfering and more – offering a longer life and faster cut than aluminum oxide, alumina zirconia and other conventional ceramic abrasives.