Note: The image displayed is a representation of the product. Product dimensions, finish, head type, and thread length may differ from picture. Products are guaranteed to meet the specification to which they are manufactured. Please email us with any questions.
Powers Fasteners - 07550-PWR - 1/4" Wood Knocker Wood Form Insert, Brown (200/Pkg.)
This Wood-Knocker concrete insert from Powers Fasteners is designed to be installed onto wooden forms used to support newly poured concrete floor slabs, roof slabs or walls.
When the forms are stripped, the color-coded flange is visibly embedded in the concrete surface. The inserts allow the attachment of steel threaded rod or threaded bolts in sizes ranging from 1/4" to 3/4" in diameter. The hex impact plate offers resistance to rotation within the concrete as a steel threaded rod or threaded bolt is being installed.
General Applications and Uses:
- Hanging Pipe and Sprinkler Systems
- HVAC Ductwork and Strut Channels
- Suspending Trapeze and Cable Trays
- Mechanical Unit Overhead Utilities
- Conduit and Lighting System
- Seismic Loading and Cracked Concrete
Features and Benefits:
- Fast and simple to install, low installed cost
- Color coded by size for simple identification
- Bang-It can be installed in lower flute of steel deck as little as 1.5" topping thickness (see details)
- Wood-Knocker can be installed in wood form pours only 3.5" thick
- Hex head does not rotate when set
- Insert design allows for full thread engagement
- All sizes suitable for tension and shear loading
Suitable Base Materials:
- Normal-Weight Concrete
- Light-Weight Concrete
Approvals and Listings
- International Code Council, Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), ESR-3657 for concrete. Approved for seismic and wind loading (all diameters)
- Code compliant with the 2012 IBC, 2012 IRC, 2009 IBC, 2009 IRC, 2006 IBC and 2006 IRC
- Tested in accordance with ASTM E 488 and ICC-ES AC446 for use in concrete under the design provisions of ACI 318 (Strength Design method)
- Evaluated and qualified by an accredited independent testing laboratory for recognition in cracked and uncracked concrete
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL Listed) - File No. EX1289, see listing for sizes.
- Also UL listed and recognized for use in air handling spaces. FM Approvals (Factory Mutual) File No. J.I. 3015153