AFT Vendor Terms and Conditions:
1. Our organization reserves the right of final approval of product, procedures, processes and equipment.
2. All special processes required by this PO must be performed by qualified personnel.
3. Our organization reserves the right to review and approve the Vendors Quality Management System. Standard QMS Requirements Include:
- 1. Vendors providing special processing must maintain a system for validating processes.
- 2. Customer Directed sources must operate in accordance with approved specifications and standards as dictated and controlled by the customer in question.
- 3. Suppliers initially approved for use via Certification (ISO9001, AS9100, ISO17025, AS9120, etc.) must notify our organization of any changes to that certification.
4. The Vendor shall maintain the proper identification and revision status of specifications, drawings, process requirements, inspection/verification instructions and other relevant technical data. Unless noted otherwise on the face of this order, the latest revision level is to be used.
5. Our organization reserves the right to approve or specify any designs, tests, inspection plans, verifications, use of statistical techniques for product acceptance, and any applicable critical items including key characteristics.
6. Our organization reserves the right to designate requirements for test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation or auditing.
7. The Vendor is required to:
- 1. Implement and maintain a suitable Quality Management System that ensures delivery of conforming product.
- 2. Notify our organization of nonconforming product.
- 3. Obtain our organization approval for nonconforming product disposition.
- 4. Prevent use of counterfeit parts
- 5. Notify our organization of changes in product and/or process, changes of vendors, and changes of manufacturing facility locations.
- 6. Flow down to external providers all applicable requirements, including customer requirements.
- 7. Ensure their personnel are aware of the contribution to product conformity, product safety, and the importance of ethical behavior.
- 8. The Vendor is required to retain all Records associated with the Purchase Order for a period of no less than 7 years, unless otherwise specified.
8. All Vendors are monitored for On Time Delivery and Quality Performance.
9. Right of access by our organization, our customer and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of all facilities, at any level of the supply chain, involved in the order and to all applicable records.
10. All vendors providing Calibration Services must:
- 1. Maintain Certification to ISO17025, ISO10012-1, ANSI Z540-1 (or equivalent) or be otherwise approved by our organization.
- 2. Provide reporting of “As Found” and “As Left” status if the item is found to be out of tolerance
- 3. Identify Calibration Standards used
- 4. Utilize Calibration Standards traceable to NIST
AFT Plating Standard Terms and Conditions:
It is generally recognized that even after employing all the science known to us, and capable men with years of training, there still remain variables in the electroplating and metal finishing industries. Therefore, in order to avoid misunderstanding, AFT Industries is stating the following Terms and Conditions as the custom usage of the trade. These terms and conditions apply to all sales.
1. We warrant that processing and finishing shall meet customer’s specifications supplied in writing with the order and that such processing and finishing shall be free from defects in material and workmanship at time of delivery. If the customer specifies methods and procedures to be followed, we will assume no responsibility for the correctness of such methods and procedures or the result when they are followed. In the absence of full disclosure by the customer of the use of material or parts to be process or finished, we assume no liability for subsequent failures or defects.
2. Our liability for any cause is limited to (a) the cost of direct labor and material or product lost or directly damaged by our processing or (b) three times our processing charges on such materials, whichever is the lesser. Credit will be on customer account for the value outlined above. Our charges are based on this policy limiting liability. By placing your order, you expressly agree to this limitation.
3. No claim for shortage in weight, defect or count will be allowed unless made within three (3) working days after receipt of material or merchandise by the customer or customer’s consignee to whom it was delivered. A shrinkage or defective quantity in bulk processing of two (2%) shall be allowed without charge or liability. We will in no event be responsible for weight counts or other inspection functions for merchandise received from third parties on behalf of customer.
4. To assert a claim the customer must return any material or merchandise processed by us for our inspection. No claim shall be allowed until such inspection is performed by AFT.
a. Notice of defect is given verbally within 3 working days and in writing within 10 working days from date of delivery.
b. Materials returned have not been altered structurally or chemically since processing by AFT. Processing or assembly of any such rejects by you or any other party shall constitute waiver of any liability on our part.
5. We assume no liability for any loss or damage to merchandise or material while in transit to or from our factory, if damaged by on customers trucks or any third person acting in our or the customer’s behalf .
6. In the even that results of metal finishing operations are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, changes in grade or composition of materials, manufacturing and/or fabrication imperfections, usages for which the plating or other finishing operation was not reasonably designed, and similar variable which we have no control, the customer will be required to pay contracted amount for the finishing operation performed.
7. We reserve the right, at our option, either to reject work or to charge extra for finishing any base material below agreed standard.
8. We assume no responsibility for defective plating on strip and re plate work on materials previously plated by other vendors.
9. Parts with multiple coatings by multiple vendors will have clear instructions of previous coating performed both written in detail on P.O. and Print provided. Without proper documentation and both written and legible prints provided AFT will hold no liability to damage of coatings by a previous vendor.
1. Purchase order with Plating Specification, if AFT does not have specification already on file will request from customer.
2. Legible print must be with purchase order and parts.
3. Bill of materials on all parts requiring 2 process on the same part
4. If part coated by a previous vendor P.O. should reference and draw clear attention to work done by another coating vendor. If no reference and the previous coating are damaged AFT will hold no liability to coating damage from previous vendor.
Specific handling and packaging requirements that require special attention please indicate on your P.O. Any information you feel pertinent to proper handling and processing of your components is appreciated in detail.
If AFT does not have the required information above will contact customer and hold from processing until information received.
1. Fasteners are counted and billed in bulk by weight count; please indicate product weight out going on Purchase order. This allows AFT to quickly reference our received in weight and verify all product was received. AFT does not have piece count capabilities on bulk product, we verify all product in and out by weight.
2. Bulk processing of fasteners does have some fallout in processing; 2 % is deemed acceptable.
3. Baking of components for hydrogen relief –AFT needs Rockwell Hardness/Grade of bolt on the purchase order and or customer specified baking time on the P.O. If the material is not listed and customer does not state baking required and there are issues with bolt cracking or breaking AFT is not liable.