AFT's inventory management programs allow customers to keep their supply and storage costs to a minimum. Our facilities offer a well maintained, clean and secure location to house valuable inventories. In addition, choosing to warehouse inventory with us allows customers to decrease their lead times while making their paperwork more manageable. Contact us to learn more about the following services:
VMI - Vendor-Managed Inventory
JIT - "Just in Time" Inventory/KanBan
U-Scan It - Barcode Managed Inventory
Automated Vending Manager (AVM):
Ensure your critical inventory is always in stock and key tools are readily available with an Automated Vending Manager from AFT Fasteners. Available in drawer, locker, carousel, and cabinet styles, we can create the solution that's right for you.
Many of the styles feature:
- Easy Access Touchpad
- Accessed via WIFI
- Real Time Reporting
- 365 Day Software Support
- Low Stock Alerts
- And much more.
Why do companies choose automated vending management?
- Reduce Consumption - On average, companies will see a 30% reduction for tools/parts included in the managed inventory.
- Increase Productivity - Parts are readily available to the workers with little to no downtime searching for the correct parts or waiting for out-of-stock parts to be reordered.
- Automate Ordering - AFT will monitor and refill the machines automatically, or per your request.
- Departmental Tracking - Automated vending management allows for companies to track each department's usage to allow for proper billing and allocation.
What types of parts/products can we include?
AFT has worked with all types of industries, and we can find a solution to fit your specific needs. We've seen great success with the following types of products:
- Drill Bits
- Hand Tools (Screwdrivers, Pliers, Wrenches, Utility Knives, Socket Sets)
- Abrasives (Grinding Wheels, Sandpaper, Files, Wire Wheels, Industrial Pads)
- Office Supplies (Pens, Batteries, Paper, Staples, Scissors, Tape)
- Safety Products (Gloves, Safety Glasses, Ear Plugs, Hard Hats, Safety Vests, Respirators/Masks)
- Electrical Products (Cable Ties, Terminals & Wire Connectors, Electrical Hand Tools, Fuses)
Vendor-Managed Inventory (VMI):
Many of our customers rely on vendor-managed inventory. This approach gives AFT the responsibility for maintaining an agreed upon inventory level. We'll visit your location weekly, or monthly, depending on your volume of usage and will automatically restock your inventory.
"Just In Time" (JIT) Inventory:
One inventory strategy many companies reply on is "Just In Time", which allows you to increase your efficiency and decrease waste by receiving goods only as they are needed. This strategy requires that your company is able to accurately forecast demand.
Many of our customers will also place a blanket order for the entire year, and will then release certain amounts when needed. This locks in your prices for the year, and also ensures your products will be in stock.
U-Scan It/Barcode Managed Inventory:
This type of customer inventory management is simple and straight-forward. We'll work with your company to create an organized system with barcoded bins. When your supplies are low, just scan the barcode and submit your requirements to AFT. Your new order will be sent the next day.
Please contact AFT Fasteners today to learn more about our inventory management services.