Note: The image displayed is a representation of the product. Product dimensions, finish, head type, and thread length may differ from picture. Products are guaranteed to meet the specification to which they are manufactured. Please email us with any questions.
Powers Fasteners - 2214SD-PWR - 5/16" X 2-3/4" Tapper+ Xtreme Concrete Screw Anchor, Silver, Flat Head (600/Bulk Pkg.)
This Tapper+ Concrete Screw Anchor by Powers Fasteners features a gimlet point for self-drilling into wood base materials without pre-drilling, and it delivers a neat, finished appearance when installed.
The Tapper fastening system is a complete family of screw anchors for light to medium duty applications in concrete, masonry block brick and wood base materials. AFT is proud to also offer the tolerance drill bits and installation tools engineered to match the Tapper anchor screw line and designed to provide optimum performance.
General Applications and Uses:
- Window installations
- Storm shutters
- Interior hand rails
- Interior lighting fixtures
- Metal door frames
- Joint flashing
- Screened Enclosures
Features and Benefits:
- Available in several head styles, colors and finishes to match the application
- Removable (reusable in wood)
- High-low thread design for greater stability and grip
- Does not exert expansion forces
- No hole spotting required
- Good corrosion protection with Perma-Seal coating
- Gimlet point for self drilling into wood base material
Suitable Base Materials:
- Normal-weight Concrete
- Lightweight Concrete
- Grouted Concrete Masonry
- Hollow Concrete Masonry (CMU)
- Solid Brick Masonry
Approvals and Listings
- International Code Council, Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), ESR-3068 for uncracked concrete (including FBC supplement), ESR-3196 for masonry, ESR-3042 for wood, ESR-3213 for chemically treated lumber.
- Code compliant with the 2012 IBC, 2012 IRC, 2009 IBC, 2009 IRC, 2006 IBC, and 2006 IRC.
- Tested in accordance with ACI 355.2 and ICC-ES AC193 (including ASTM E 488) for use in structural concrete, ICC- ES AC106 for use in masonry, ICC-ES AC233 for use in wood, and ICC-ES AC257 for use in pressure treated lumber
- Evaluated and qualified by an accredited independent testing laboratory for reliability against brittle failure, e.g. hydrogen embrittlement
- Miami-Dade County Notice of Acceptance (NOA) 15-0629.06