Note: The image displayed is a representation of the product. Product dimensions, finish, head type, and thread length may differ from picture. Products are guaranteed to meet the specification to which they are manufactured. Please email us with any questions.
Powers Fasteners - 08344-PWR - 8MM X 12" Heli-Pin Helical Facade Anchor (50/Pkg.)
This Heli-Pin anchor by Powers Fasteners is a one-piece stainless steel helical wall tie system used for anchoring existing brick veneers to the back-up structural members without exposing hardware. The helical design allows the tie to be driven quickly and easily into a pre-drilled pilot hole with a Heli-Pin setting tool and a roto-hammer drill (or embedded into mortar joints in new construction) to provide a reliable mechanical connection between a masonry façade and its backup material or between multiple wythes of brick. They are ideal for stabilizing areas with missing or corroded wall ties as well as retrofits to multiple width masonry wall sections.
General Applications and Uses:
- Mechanical connections between a masonry façade and its backup material
- Replace missing or corroded wall ties
- Used in new construction by being embedded into the mortar joint
Features and Benefits:
- Virtually invisible repairs to masonry building facades
- Ease and speed of installation with a roto-hammer and available setting tool
- Made of corrosion resistant stainless steel
- Helical shaped tie is both tension and compression resistant, and provides solid connection with the base material.
- Variety of lengths and diameters, for a broad range of applications
- Reinforced central core for high shaft strength
Suitable Base Materials:
- Normal-weight Concrete
- Grouted Concrete Masonry (CMU)
- Hollow Concrete Masonry (CMU)
- Brick Masonry
- Wood Studs
- Metal Studs
- Natural Stone
Approvals and Listings: Tested in accordance with CSA A370